Kissing Bridge Publications is a big part of Ray Boucher from Moncton, New Brunswick.
From a love of photography:
- Studied commercial art with courses in artistic photography and photography in advertising.
- Taught photography and art at Boys and Girls Club. Painting class won two awards at Moncton’s pink subway paint-in.
From a love of architecture:
- Studied architectural drawing.
- Visited and photographed historic sites and buildings.
- Discovered covered bridges.
From a love of covered bridges:
- Studied history of covered bridges.
- Discovered loss of so many New Brunswick’s covered bridges (from over 341 in the 1950s to only 58 by 2017).
- Began visiting and photographing N.B.s covered bridges in 2002.
- Visited and photographed every covered bridge still standing in New Brunswick at the end of 2004. Where possible, photographed bridges from many angles and seasons.
From the love of family and friends:
- Shared stories and pictures of our trips with family and friends.
- Encouraged by family members to share covered bridge photos in book form.
- Obtained copyright and self-published “A Photo Tour of the Covered Bridges of New Brunswick”.
- Book became available for sale in 2014. Revised in 2018.
From public interest shown:
- Create and produce annual calendars featuring covered bridge photos.
- Christmas Cards showing covered bridges in winter.
- Post cards of New Brunswick’s Covered Bridges
- Offering enlargements of covered bridge photos suitable for framing.
- Six guidebooks to New Brunswick’s covered bridges.